Modern Day Slavery Act 2015
Statement of Intent – Onlinemeatshop & Noori Halal Butchers
Onlinemeatshop.com as a part of Noori halal Butchers are providers of Halal Meat & Groceries. Our business consists of sourcing & producing: Poultry, Meat and Meat Derived Products, Game & Seafood. We provide our products & services to: Food Service Industry, Consumers, Other Meat Wholesale and Exporting.
The introduction of the Modern-Day Slavery Act 2015 obligated companies to regularly review their supply chains and operating activities, to ensure workers’ rights and working practices are being maintained and upheld in compliance with UK/EU and Global Employee Welfare agreed standards.
Onlinemeatshop.com & Noori halal Butchers has fully trained our staff in understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking. Our training also provides our staff to identify any such rick in the fully business operations of Onlinemeatshop.com & Noori Halal Butchers. Also this training is given to department directors to help them in passing this information consistently & continually to our staff.
OUR POLICIES ON SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
Our Anti-slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to ensure our suppliers are able to demonstrate their implementation and enforcement of effective systems and controls to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in their supply chains.
PROCESSES FOR SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
When appointing new contractors or suppliers, as part of the initiation they must go through our due diligence process. This involves looking at the company’s performance, requesting their ethical policies and supply chain audits, references from other customers to establish their suitability. We expect our supplies to have a anti-slavery and human trafficking policies and processes in place.
• Identify and assess potential risk areas in their supply chains when considering new suppliers
• Mitigate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in their supply chains.
• Protect whistleblowers and ensure the systems in place encourage reporting of any concerns
Onlinemeatshop Team 2020
- The Modern Slavery Act 2015; Human Trafficking and Exploitation (Criminal Justice and Support for victims) Act (Northern Ireland) 2015 and Human Trafficking and Exploitation (Scotland) Act
- UK Home Office Website – https://gov.uk/government/collections/modern-slavery
- UK Home Office – Transparency in Supply Chains: A practical guide October 2015 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/transparency-in-supply- chains-a-practical-guide