Valentine's Day Special, Couples Tender Baby Lamb Steak Dinner Box
Inculded in the Box
Starter – Marinated Lamb Front Chops and Spicy Olives Side
- 6 Lamb front chops marinated
- 1 jar Green olives
- 1 Nandos peri peri salt
Main Course –Lamb Valentine Steak with Seasonal Vegetables
- 2 x 250g pieces Steak
- 10 baby potatoes
- 3 red bell Peppers
- 3 red onion
- 150g cherry tomato
Cooking time: 30 Mins
Servings: 2 servings
Recommended extra seasoning: olive oil, garlic
Cooking temperature: 51°C for medium rare, 57°C for medium
- For this recommended method of cooking and serving, we will use a large frying pan or if possible a skillet
- Heat the large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, once hot add in the lamb chops.
- Sear until the surface is brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn and cook until meat reaches an internal temperature of 125°F (51°C) medium-rare, or 135°F (57°C) for medium, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Rest lamb chops for 10 minutes before serving.
- For the spicy olive side, simply pour your green olives into a side bowl and sprinkle Nando’s Peri Peri Salt over them for a fiery kick
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
Recommended seasonings: garlic, salt, black pepper, olive oil, rosemary, parsley or any marinade paste for lamb of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a suitably-sized baking tray (make sure to use a tray with sides, so as to prevent any escaping fat).
- Cut your vegetables into medium sized bites and season abundantly. Place them in the oil coated tray.
- Place your lamb steaks in the pan, making sure not to overcrowd it, and cook for 3-4 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 3-4 minutes, or until your preferred doneness.
- Serve plain or with toasted bread on the side
A prime cut selected for flavour and tenderness
Suitable for home freezing. Ideally freeze as soon as possible after purchase but always by 'use by' date shown. Defrost thoroughly for a minimum of 12 hours in the fridge. Follow the preparation guidelines above. Once defrosted use on the same day and do not refreeze. Not suitable for cooking from frozen. Keep refrigerated. Once opened Please consume or safely store in your freezer
Instructions: Not suitable for microwave cooking.
Instructions: Med - High. Season the steaks on both sides and cook under a pre-heat grill for 3 minutes each side (medium), or 5 minutes each side (well done). Remove from grill and rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes before serving.
Instructions: Pan fry Med - High. Lightly oil and season steaks on both sides. Heat a heavy based frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Add the steaks to the dry pan and cook for 1 minute each side, reduce to medium heat and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes each side (medium), or 3 minutes each side (well done). Remove from pan and rest on a warm place for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation and Usage
To enjoy your steaks at their best, remove from fridge and all packaging 10 minutes before cooking. For best results we recommend pan frying.
Tip Crush a little garlic and rosemary into the frying pan for the last 2 minutes of cooking, basting occasionally, for an aromatic flavour.